When I came home I saw the door locked with a big lock. I took my key and opened the door. 'Now all will come one by one in some time and ask for something to eat. It's snack time.' I thought. But I was too tired to do something complicated with it's time consuming recipe.
Till that time came in all others one by one and asked me in tired mood, 'What's there for eating?'
I answered, "I will prepare something in just few minutes." I looked in the fridge, put out the packet of mashed potato's snacks having shape of smiles.
I added oil in a pan and kept that pan on flame. Then I took mashed Potato's smile shaped snacks one by one and deep fried it till it turned to golden colour.
Then I took some other ingredients for making canapes.
Let's see the recipe of canape.
- Deep fried golden coloured smile shapes
- Metkut Raita - (Metkut Powder is a common traditional Maharashtrian taste enhancer which is easily available in grocery shops) - The Metkut Raita is made by mixing Metkut powder, curd, some red chilli powder for taste and some salt for taste which was having consistency like that of a paste.
- Sprouted Mung Seeds (Moong seeds)
- Tomato pieces
That's all! Now see the steps for the easy recipe -
- I took the deep fried golden coloured potato smile shapes in a dish.
- Then I spread Metkut Raita on each smile shape.
- Then I added Sprouted Mung seeds on Metkut Raita spread. (The Sprouted Mung seeds without anything added to it.)
- Then I decorated it with piece of Tomato on each piece.
What a colourful dish it was! Not only colourful, but also healthy dish! The dish was ready within minutes. When I served the dishes, the eagerly waiting faces of my family brightened immediately. When they ate the canapes, they smiled saying, "Delicious! Some more please!"
And I smiled too by seeing their smiling faces.
Note - This post is written as an entry for contest - "Let’s Put A Smile On That Face"
Note - The opinions in this blog post may differ from the blog author’s personal opinions because this post is specifically written for the contest. Before eating or using any packed food, reading all the information on that pack of food and taking information about it’s ingredients and the effects of those ingredients on health is suggested. Also close observation of any packed food before further use is suggested.