--000-- Important statement - Some of those who are calling themselves as my so-called friends on the basis of acquaintance which has happened in a short duration of past time, behaved with me in past in a manner which was crossing over the limits of friendship in that time, vexatious, objectionable even after the frequent admonitions given by me, so I do not consider them as my friends who crosses over the limits of friendship. So I am not duty-bound to publish or answer their comments which are given on any of my blogs, or to answer their email, or to accept their friend invite on any of the social website like facebook, or to answer their messages sent through the comment form on blog. So please take a kind note that if it will be found out that the abovementioned persons tried to contact with me directly or indirectly by any types of means mentioned before or through any other person by incuring him / her inbetween or by maknig fake profile through it or by any other means, through the blog or through any other medium or if it will be found out that they have done any type of act which is vexatious for me, then proper action will be taken on it. Also by all this incidence the decision is taken that the right of publishing all the suspicious seeming comments given on the blog and the right of answering any of the suspicious seeming messages coming through the comment form is reserved, readers please take a kind note of it. ----- 00000 ----- महत्त्वाचे निवेदन - भूतकाळातील थोडक्या कालावधीकरता झालेल्या माझ्या ओळखीच्या आधारावर स्वतःला माझे तथाकथित मित्र म्हणवून घेणार्‍या काही जणांनी पूर्वी मी वारंवार समज दिल्यानंतरही, माझ्याशी तत्कालीन पद्धतीच्या मैत्रीच्या मर्यादा ओलांडणारे, मनस्ताप देणारे, आक्षेपार्ह वर्तन केले, त्यामुळे अशा मैत्रीच्या मर्यादा ओलांडणार्‍यांना मी माझे मित्र मानत नाही. त्यामुळे माझ्या कोणत्याही ब्लॉगवर आलेल्या त्यांच्या कॉमेंट्स प्रकाशित करणे किंवा त्यांना उत्तर देणे, किंवा त्यांच्या इमेलला उत्तर देणे, किंवा त्यांच्या फेसबुकसारख्या कोणत्याही सोशल वेबसाईटवर आलेल्या फ्रेंड इन्व्हाईटला ऍक्सेप्ट करणे, किंवा त्यांनी ब्लॉगवरील कॉमेंट फॉर्मद्वारा पाठवलेल्या निरोपाला उत्तर देणे यासाठी मी बांधील नाही. त्यामुळे उपरोल्लेखित व्यक्तिंनी आधी उल्लेख केलेल्या कोणत्याही प्रकारे किंवा दुसर्‍या एखाद्या व्यक्तीला मध्ये घालून तिच्याद्वारे किंवा बनावट प्रोफाईल तयार करून त्याद्वारे किंवा इतर कोणत्याही प्रकारे, ब्लॉग किंवा इतर कोणत्याही माध्यमातून माझ्याशी प्रत्यक्ष वा अप्रत्यक्ष प्रकारे संपर्क साधण्याचा प्रयत्न केल्याचे आढळल्यास किंवा मला मनस्ताप होईल अशा प्रकारचे कोणतेही कृत्य त्यांनी केल्याचे आढळल्यास, त्यावर योग्य ती कारवाई करण्यात येईल याची कृपया नोंद घ्यावी. तसेच या सर्व प्रकारामुळे ब्लॉगवर आलेल्या संशयास्पद वाटणार्‍या सर्व कॉमेंट्स प्रकाशित करण्याचे आणि कॉमेंट्स फॉर्मद्वारे आलेल्या संशयास्पद वाटणार्‍या कोणत्याही निरोपाला उत्तर देण्याचे अधिकार राखून ठेवण्याचा निर्णय घेण्यात आला आहे, याची वाचकांनी कृपया नोंद घ्यावी. --000--

Friday, January 22, 2016

Impact of Experience

     This is an old story which happened twenty five years ago but still I smiles when I remember this incident. It is about a kid. Kids are kids after all, how much you tell them, advice them, they will just listen it and forget it while playing. Then you have to tell them again and again the things about which you are concerned most. Words are just words for the kids, most times which are not meant to be taken seriously.

     It was Sunday afternoon in May and I was enjoying my college holidays. That day this kid came to my home who was bored because there was no one to play with him. Unfortunately there was only me and my mother in the home to give him company. So we took our lunch together. It was not possible to play some outdoor game with him due to intense heat of Sun. So I told him, “Let’s play Carrom.” He was eager to play.

     I took out my old Carrom board which was not used for long time. The board was having a slight bulge due to moisture on one side. But the kid was happy because he had never played carrom before. I took out the box of boric acid powder, put some powder on carrom board and told the kid, “Remember, this powder we are using is toxic in nature. Wash your hands after your game is over.”

     Then I took out Queen, white discs, black discs and arranged those on the board and handed him a striker. I told him the rules of game. While playing I taught him some tricks about handling the striker. The kid was learning it. While playing we did not realize how much time was passed.

     It was my mother who went into the kitchen. After sometime she called me and I went inside. I washed my hands and took out the dish full of pakods. I put it near the kid and told him, “Wash your hands and eat it. I will bring tea for us.”

     But the kid was busy in playing. He said, “Oh! Let me first pocket this queen! Then I will eat it.” 

     Then I brought our tea and saw that the kid was still playing carrom. I said with a slight irritation, “Now first wash your hands and take your tea and pakods. Otherwise it will become cold.”

     Again I went into the kitchen to bring my pakodas. When I came out I saw him eating his pakods. I also took my pakoda and while eating observed the carrom board. Suddenly I saw a ant on carrom board and exclaimed, “Hey! See this ant is died due to poisonous boric acid powder.”

     And I was surprised to see that the kid was crying loudly. For some seconds I did not realized why he was crying. Then I asked him, “Haven’t you washed your hands before eating and that’s why you are crying?”

     He moved his head in affirmation. I explained him considerately, “Hey, calm down! You will not die due to such a small amount of boric acid powder. This small amount of boric acid powder is sufficient for killing a small ant. But humans do not die due to such a small amount of boric acid powder. But if it is consumed in large dose, then it is poisonous to humans. It is not good for our health. So it is necessary to wash the hands when the game stops. Do not worry, still you can wash your hands. And remember to wash your hands every time your game is over.”

     He stood up immediately and went to wash his hands. After washing his hands he ate his pakodas and drank tea in satisfaction. But this incident taught me that, ‘Impact of actual experience is always more than impact of words and it helps us learning things effectively.’ It was having such an impact of this incidence on my life that I not only learned something from it, but this incidence got inscribed on my mind forever!

Note-
This blog post is inspired by the blogging marathon hosted on IndiBlogger for the launch of the #Fantastico Zica from Tata Motors. You can apply for a test drive of the hatchback Zica today.

No comments:

Post a Comment